For the majority, it is anticipated that labour will occur spontaneously and labour and delivery will be cared for in a local maternity unit. Special consideration of planned delivery will be required in the following circumstances:-
- If there are no anticipated problems, some women request a home birth.
- There may be a request for a water birth.
- There may be a twin pregnancy.
- During pregnancy complications may arise indicating that labour should be induced.
- When there has been a previous caesarean section a decision is required on whether to allow a carefully monitored labour (trial of scar) or to proceed to an elective caesarean section.
Thank you for choosing to visit us.
This is the personal website of David A Viniker MD FRCOG, retired Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist - Specialist Interests - Reproductive Medicine including Infertility, PCOS, PMS, Menopause and HRT.
I do hope that you find the answers to your women's health questions in the patient information and medical advice provided.
- Specialist Interests - Reproductive Medicine including Infertility, PCOS, PMS, Menopause and HRT.
The aim of this web site is to provide a general guide and it is not intended as a substitute for a consultation with an appropriate specialist in respect of individual care and treatment.
David Viniker retired from active clinical practice in 2012.
In 1999, he setup this website - www.2womenshealth.com - to provide detailed
information many of his patients requested. The website attracts thousands of visitors every day from around the world.
If you would like advice on how to make more from your website, please visit his website Keyword SEO PRO or email him on email@example.com.